Perform Better Golf In 30 Days
So you have decided to improve your golf game? You are ready to make a commitment and stand by it. If you are looking for a way to improve your game in a hurry, then we have the answer for you; it's our 30 day solution to better golf. In order to get in the best shape of your life and experience the overwhelming benefits for your game, you must be willing to make compromises and concessions on things you usually do in favor of things you need to do to change your lifestyle.
Let's start with strength. First of all you need to understand that to build your strength you have to build your muscles. Erase your mind of ladies in leotards and men with tank tops. We are moving away from the old style bodybuilding and aerobics routines to stimulate an environment of rapid growth and change for the better. Here are three things you can do today to get started in the right direction.
1. Get off of the machines. Move over to free weight, bodyweight, medicine balls, fitness balls and cable pulley systems or bands.
2. Set a goal of strength training 3 days a week with a day of rest in between.
3. Start out with moderate weights using whole boy movements like pull ups, lunges, squats and push ups.
Let's stop talking about how tight we are and get that stretch program started. Begin with 10 minutes a day, every day of the week. Here are the three rules of flexibility.
1. Stretch after strength training or cardio, not before.
2. Ignore the fluff and general stretch routines. Focus on your back (upper, mid, lower), hips and shoulders.
3. Be patient with tight areas as they need special attention. Progress will come and usually comes quickly, but not without proper form and lots of patience.
We talk about good nutrition every day and then think about putting a plan into action. Well, today is your lucky day. Begin integrating a solid nutrition plan on Day 1 for 30 days. Commit to no alcohol, limited caffeine and serious dedication and effort. Here's a few more things to keep in mind regarding nutrition.
1. Eat 5 to 6 small meals and snacks daily. Think small portions, evenly spaced out over the day and evening.
2. Drink lots of water. It makes you feel full and helps with weight loss.
3. Try balanced portions. Pick up a small source of protein (lean meats, nuts, yogurt, etc.), carbohydrate (vegetables, fruits) and fat.
Your body and your mind have to be alert and functioning properly to be able to endure the elements you are faced with in practice and on the course.
Make a 30 day commitment to a better body and better round of golf. By the end of this summer, you should see a big difference in how you play and be more enthused to make these changes permanently.